Sunday, December 13, 2009

Funny incident (rather hilarious)

Though i have been working as a volunteer co-ordinator for the past one and a half year...This has never occurred with me... First of all the potential volunteer who we wanted to take onboard wanted to see the schools and interact with the kids...That was fine with me as it is generally a usual procedure that we follow before a volunteer joins in...Now comes the funny part...when i met this guy...name not disclosed on purpose...cause he might shoot me if he comes to know..Says "I thought you were an old 40-50 year lady running an NGO, till i spoke to u...when i spoke to u i felt ur some school or college going girl..." This came as a rude but pleasant suprise...ok...next this person begins..."I can contribute a lot...and went on and on and on" (I thought "Ok..will he just stop and let me know what his POA ..plan of action is or just continue with the i can do loads, etc, etc"...)... One thing i have learnt over the past few years is let them first work and then judge what their capabilities are...cause many people keep on saying "i'll do this and that and never end up doing any thing" So i got a little skeptical about this guy....
Though very helpful as he seemed lets see what he gets....on board...Now comes the second jhatka....He says "what do u do on weekends..."..I thought "the ngo part was all fine..but now what has he got do do with , what do i do on weekends?. so i said NGO work duh plus family and friends meeting up, house chores, etc, etc, reading, watching muv's, etc"...To this he replies "We should meet up sumtime... ur an interesting person...whose into lots of activities...I would like to know u better..."..These statements put me off guard "I was about to wonder was this guy insane or over friendly or wat...i was almost going to burst into a fit of laughter and say...hey dude the ngo is not a dating service to meet interesting people...find ur space somewhere else...gosh...kya namune hote hai....Anyway...cutting the long story short...this was quite hilarious and I had a good laugh...though it is wrong...but i couldn't help it...come on...take it with a pinch of salt...

No comments:

Post a Comment