Friday, December 25, 2009

Do we think before we do???

I used to actually wonder why all the guru's of management or even elders state that "We should think before we do", "Plan before you act", and "see the pros & cons", so on... This used to sound Greek and Latin until a few months a ago. I have seen this year as a zig zag one...one with loads of ups and downs....However, over the past months I learnt the bitter truth that we need to think about pros & cons before we take a decision. I took a few harsh decsions this time. I know it hurt a few people who mattered to me the most but, I believe that was for the best. One decision I took recently shook a few basics but I guess it was for the best. I broke ties with a person who was equally passionate and enthusiastic about the goals that I had in mind....Who shared the same vision as me and could help me walk hand in hand to achieve it....I don''t know why but I took the harsh decision to ask this person to leave...despite knowing that it meant a great loss personally (losing a good friend) plus professionally (someone whose decisions i trusted)....I can't express this fully why I did this but I think it is best for everyone...Not meaning to hurt anyone further....

No comments:

Post a Comment